LOS ANGELES, Calif. /California Newswire/ — When Wayne Fromm invented and patented the Quik Pod (U.S. patent #7,684,694), the original "selfie stick," more than 10 years ago, he had no idea how popular selfies would become. In fact, according to an article in Psychology Today, selfies have redefined how we document experiences.
Selfies build relationships because they provide a powerful sense of intimacy through the authenticity that comes from the ownership of the lens by the subject. Selfies are about "being there" and sharing the moment.
"As a result, selfie sticks, also known as selfie poles, have begun to flood the market," Fromm says. "However, the popularity of the selfie stick can be traced to the extreme sports community – mostly Go-Pro users – who wanted to get a greater scope into their images at better resolutions. The Quik Pod enabled them to do that."
Not all selfie sticks are created equal. The original Quik Pod brand of selfie sticks is designed for strength, durability, inclement weather conditions, saltwater and to not rattle or shake. There are now a large number of low quality poles in the market that copy the look of the original but are grossly inferior. "No one wants their camera to end up at the bottom of the ocean," Fromm says.
Imagine the amazing holiday selfies families and friends could take? Quik Pod(R) selfie sticks can be used with all types of cameras from smartphones, point and shoot and mirrorless cameras to all action, DSLR and GoPro. The Quik Pod ULTRA converts from handheld selfie stick to a tripod or ground supported monopod. Prices start at $19.99.
So, during this holiday season, remember that to give is better than to receive, give a gift of quality and share your selfies while you do it.
Quik Pod offers the following tips for taking the best selfies ever:
* Consider the amount of motion in your activity. The longer the Pod, the less stable the action shots will likely be.
* Understand the scope of your image. The further the Quik Pod is extended, the broader the image's background will be. Think about whether emotion or surroundings are the capture focus.
* Practice makes perfect. Play with it. Try holding the Quik Pod at a different angle, or experiment with different extension lengths.
* Live it up. Without action, there are no awesome action shots to capture. Scuba diving in the Caribbean? Parachuting across the Midwest? The photo possibilities are only as endless as your imagination.
* Use the Quik Pod built-in selfie mirror to center yourself in your shots
Available at B&H, Henrys Photo and Best Buy.
VIDEO: http://youtu.be/7gib35cHR7U .
For questions or comments regarding the above news announcement, contact the company/organization(s) mentioned in the text, and not this website.
Copyright © 2014 CaliforniaNewswire® and Neotrope®. California Newswire is a publication of the Neotrope News Network and a U.S. reg. TM of Neotrope.