SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Leadership California, whose mission is to increase the representation of women leaders and elevate their influence in business, public service, and local communities across the state, is pleased to announce the 2019 Legacy of Leadership award recipients. Each year, Leadership California recognizes individuals and corporations who have made significant contributions and support the advancement of women.
“Leadership California is honored to recognize these outstanding leaders whose positive accomplishments are making a difference for California,” said Dr. Margie Wheeler, Board President of Leadership California. “These leaders exemplify the qualities Leadership California is committed to fostering in women from all sectors throughout the state through our programs. Leadership qualities that move program participants from success to significance.”
The 2019 honorees are:
- Legacy of Service Award: Gloria D. Gray, Chairwoman, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California; Director, West Basin Municipal Water District
- Leadership Champion Award (New Award): Timothy P. White, Chancellor, the California State University
- Community Leader Award: Lucy Jones, Founder, Dr. Lucy Jones Center for Science and Society
- Trailblazer Award: Monica Lozano, President/CEO, College Futures Foundation
- Trailblazer Award: Bernice Ledbetter, Director, Center for Women in Leadership, Pepperdine Graziadio Business School
- Corporate Leader Award: Southwest Airlines
The honorees will be recognized at the annual Legacy of Leadership celebration on May 6, 2019, at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza. Sponsorship opportunities and tickets are available.
“In today’s environment, we all must do more to ensure we are advancing and empowering women and there is equal opportunity for everyone. Support of Leadership California, and the Legacy of Leadership awards, recognizes the contributions made by the honorees as we continue to work towards achieving gender equality,” offered Dr. Wheeler.
For more information about the awards, sponsorships opportunities, and tickets to the celebration, please visit www.LeadershipCalifornia.org or contact Jennifer Persike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Leadership California
Leadership California, through its flagship California Issues & Trends program, moves women from success to significance. The organization does this through its mission to increase the representation and influence of diverse women leaders across the state and inspire them to act on their knowledge of issues and cutting-edge trends facing California, the nation and the world.