MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Gen-9, Inc. (www.gen-9.net) announced today a new release of their data management software called NOAH(TM). The first version became available on September 27, 2006 to selected users as part of a limited Beta release. NOAH Beta 2 is now being made available in a general release.
This version includes new features such as:
- * A faster database and overall enhanced performance.
* A new, easy to use, icon driven interface.
* A Setup Wizard that simplifies installation.
* An Import Wizard for Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird.
* Drag and drop importation of Web addresses and desktop file shortcuts.
* Drag and drop Web page caching.
* Fast-Links(TM) – single click access to an updated list of the most popular Web sites.
Plus there are many other new features and enhancements that integrate the management of email, Web pages, RSS feeds, contacts, scheduling, and application files into a single, customizable, easy to use interface.
“It’s been estimated that there are over 110 million Web sites and the number is growing at a rate of over a million sites per month – and, according to other estimates, more then 170 billion emails are sent and received every day,” said Gen-9’s President and CEO Mark A. Fauci.
“We started developing Noah by asking a simple question – how can we help people manage this flood of information? We came to four conclusions. First, they needed a better tool then the ones that have been out there, essentially unchanged, for the past ten years. Second, the tool had to be optimized to follow what we call the 99 percent rule – 99% of user, spend 99% of their time, on 1% of the data available to them. But at the same time, it also had to be capable of making the other 99% of the data immediately available, if and when they wanted it. Third, it needed to integrate all of their information including Web sites, emails, contacts and files, seamlessly. Fourth, it had to be powerful, but easy to use.
So, that’s what we’ve delivered with NOAH, a new breed of ‘power-user’ data management software that can help everybody manage all this stuff.”
Noah can be downloaded for free at http://www.gen-9.net.
About Gen-9, Inc.
Gen-9, Inc. (www.gen-9.net), a Delaware Corporation, is privately held. It was founded in 2005 to develop easy to use software tools that enable more productive use of the Internet. The Company’s main office is located in Mountain View California.
[tags]data management software, Gen-9 Inc, Mountain View California[/tags]