SAN DIEGO, Calif. — Sher Institutes for Reproductive Medicine(R) (SIRM) have announced the opening of an office in La Jolla, California, with Dr. Steven A. Brody accepting the position of Scientific Director and attending physician. Dr. Brody is a world renowned physician, author, and reproductive health expert with longstanding ties to San Diego. Sher Institutes for Reproductive Medicine, with 15 offices across the United States, is one of the largest networks of fertility centers in the country. Other SIRM offices in Southern California include locations in Glendale and Chino Hills. Dr. Aykut Bayrak is Medical Director of the Southern California offices of SIRM.
“We are extremely excited to welcome Dr. Brody to our fertility practice,” said Dr. Geoffrey Sher, co-founder and Executive Medical Director of Sher Institutes. “Steven and I are long-time colleagues and friends. I have the utmost respect for his expertise and passion in this field. This partnership will benefit our medical group, and more importantly, it will benefit couples in San Diego struggling with infertility.”
Dr. Brody is a pioneer in the field of infertility and reproductive health, with more than 20 years’ experience in the discipline. Among his numerous distinctions are the following:
* Fellowship status in four medical societies and Board Certified in four specialties: Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Internal Medicine, and Endocrinology & Metabolism.
* Dr. Brody’s textbook Principles and Practice of Assisted Human Reproduction was co-authored with Dr. Robert Edwards of Cambridge University, one of the two men responsible for the birth of the world’s first IVF baby.
* Author of the acclaimed textbook Endocrine Disorders in Pregnancy.
* Appointed to the faculty of the prestigious UCSD School of Medicine as an Assistant Clinical Professor.
* Recipient of the Osler Award, named for the father of American medicine, Dr. William Osler.
* Named San Diego’s Doctor of the Year in 1995 by the San Diego Medical Journal and Metropolitan Magazine.
* President of Epsilon Association of Phi Beta Kappa, the national academic honor society.
“I’m thrilled to be a part of the Sher Institute family,” said Dr. Brody. “This relationship will enable me to introduce new fertility breakthroughs to the San Diego medical community and help many more couples longing to start a family.” These SIRM breakthroughs include a genetic diagnosis method called “CGH” (comparative genomic hybridization) that allows analysis of all 46 chromosomes in an embryo, as well as advanced egg/embryo freezing techniques, and new ovarian stimulation protocols for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) in patients with resistant ovaries.
“Sher Institutes for Reproductive Medicine” is an independently-owned network of fertility centers operating with a common vision and established with a set of cutting-edge medical protocols. Sher Institutes were established by Drs. Geoffrey Sher and Ghanima Maassarani in 1998. Dr. Sher also co-founded the country’s first private In Vitro Fertilization program in 1982. Sher Institutes provide individualized patient care in a warm and compassionate environment.
Sher Institutes are in Southern California (Glendale, Chino Hills and San Diego); Northern California (Sacramento and Pleasanton); greater New York (Manhattan, Westchester, Long Island); New Jersey (Bedminster, Fair Lawn, and Phillipsburg); Texas (Dallas); Missouri (St. Louis); Illinois (Peoria); and Nevada (Las Vegas).
Learn more about the Sher Institutes at http://www.haveababy.com.
[tags]Sher Institutes for Reproductive Medicine, Steven Brody MD, fertility centers, SIRM San Diego, In Vitro Fertilization[/tags]