SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed the following bills to protect senior citizens and veterans in California: AB 313 by Assemblymember William Monning (D-Santa Cruz) – Residential care facilities for the elderly.
• AB 332 by Assemblymember Betsy Butler (D-Marina Del Rey) – Elder abuse.
• AB 574 by Assemblymember Bonnie Lowenthal (D-Long Beach) – Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly.
• AB 697 by Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez (D-Coachella) – Veteran: acquisition of home: interest of record.
• AB 1084 by Assemblymember Mike Davis (D-Los Angeles) – Veterans’ farm and home purchases: shared equity cooperative housing.
• AB 1090 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – Taxation: property tax deferment.
• AB 1288 by Assemblymember Richard Gordon (D-Redwood City) – Public guardians and conservators: authority: property held in trust.
• AB 1293 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – Elder abuse: theft or embezzlement: restitution.
• SB 33 by Senator Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto) – Elder and dependent adult abuse.
• SB 718 by Senator Juan Vargas (D-San Diego) – Elder and dependent adult abuse: mandated reporting.
• SB 806 by Committee on Veterans Affairs – State employees: military leave: salary overpayment.
• SB 813 by Committee on Veterans Affairs – Public postsecondary education: veterans’ enrollment.
• SB 897 by Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) – Residential care facilities for the elderly.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bill:
• SB 590 by Senator Ronald Calderon (D-Montebello) – Life insurance. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.