SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — This week, Calif. Gov. Brown signed numerous bills into law on Aug. 20, 2018, including Assembly Bill No. 1782, establishing surfing as the official state sport. List of additional bills signed follows.
· AB 456 by Assemblymember Tony Thurmond (D-Richmond) – Healing arts: associate clinical social workers.
· AB 636 by Assemblymember Jacqui Irwin (D-Thousand Oaks) – Local streets and roads: expenditure reports.
· AB 666 by Assemblymember Cecilia Aguiar-Curry (D-Winters) – Elections: voter information guides: candidate statements.
· AB 1639 by Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia (D-Coachella) – Crime victims: the California Victim Compensation Board.
· AB 1782 by Assemblymember Al Muratsuchi (D-Torrance) – Surfing.
· AB 1796 by Assemblymember Al Muratsuchi (D-Torrance) – Rental property: electric vehicle charging stations.
· AB 1973 by Assemblymember Bill Quirk (D-Hayward) – Reporting crimes.
· AB 2062 by Assemblymember Brian Maienschein (R-San Diego) – State highways: landscaping.
· AB 2105 by Assemblymember Brian Maienschein (R-San Diego) – Punitive damages: minors.
· AB 2109 by Assemblymember Patrick O’Donnell (D-Long Beach) – Pupils: pupils with a temporary disability: individual instruction: pupils who are terminally ill: honorary diplomas.
· AB 2196 by Assemblymember Jim Cooper (D-Elk Grove) – Public employees’ retirement: service credit: payments.
· AB 2249 by Assemblymember Ken Cooley (D-Rancho Cordova) – Public contracts: local agencies: alternative procedure.
· AB 2329 by Assemblymember Jay Obernolte (R-Big Bear Lake) – Special districts: board of directors: compensation.
· AB 2357 by Assemblymember Randy Voepel (R-Santee) – Driver’s licenses: renewal.
· AB 2439 by Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia (D-Coachella) – Official state LGBTQ Veterans Memorial.
· AB 2548 by Assemblymember Laura Friedman (D-Glendale) – Commute benefit policies: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
· AB 2550 by Assemblymember Shirley Weber (D-San Diego) – Prisons: female inmates and male correctional officers.
· AB 2669 by Assemblymember Reggie Jones-Sawyer (D-Los Angeles) – Peace officers: communications.
· AB 2710 by Assemblymember Jay Obernolte (R-Big Bear Lake) – Warrants.
· AB 2717 by Assemblymember Tom Lackey (R-Palmdale) – Driving under the influence: blood tests.
· AB 2780 by Assemblymember Richard Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – Family law: support orders.
· AB 3224 by Assemblymember Tony Thurmond (D-Richmond) – Public social services: county employees.
· SB 1003 by Senator Richard Roth (D-Riverside) – Respiratory therapy.
· SB 1507 by the Committee on Governance and Finance – Taxpayers’ Rights Advocate: release or return of levy.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov