SANTA MONICA, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The Los Angeles chapter of the American Parkinson’s Disease Association (apdala.org), along with James Gray Gallery, present ‘Living Artistically with Parkinson’s Disease,’ a unique exhibition featuring works of art created by celebrated artists living with PD. To celebrate the exhibition, which runs from February 8-13, 2012, the APDA L.A. is hosting a champagne brunch with a silent auction this Sunday, February 12.
Tag Archives | Health
Los Angeles chapter of the American Parkinson’s Disease Association along with James Gray Gallery, present: Living Artistically with Parkinson’s Disease
LONG BEACH, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Since 1974, Dr. Marc Spitz of the Foot Pain Center has been helping patients to beat peripheral neuropathy. After observing epidemic numbers of people developing peripheral neuropathy in their feet, he decided to make this his practice’s focus.
Association of Professional Ball Players of America selects LTC Financial Partners to offer long-term care education and services to its members
PLACENTIA, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Today the Association of Professional Ball Players of America (APBPA) announces the selection of LTC Financial Partners LLC (LTCFP) to offer long-term care education and long-term care insurance coverage to their 11,000 Members. For members that choose to purchase the insurance, applications for individual policies will be completed by LTCFP and underwritten by Transamerica Life Insurance Company.
SAN DIEGO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Mike Shirk of San Diego, CA lives with a degenerative and deadly disease called IBM, ‘inclusion body myositis.’ There is no known treatment or cure. Rather than going quietly, Shirk has used his years productively to help and inspire others with physical disabilities. His website (lifedisabled.com) and blog are full of practical, self-help information for the disabled.
SAN JOSE, Calif. /California Newswire/ — At least one in nine seniors is at-risk of going hungry due to the inability to obtain sufficient food for their household or having to choose between food and medical care (*note 1). During the Holidays, Comfort Keepers(R) in South Bay and Peninsula is asking the community to make food donations to the ‘STOP Senior Hunger’ food drive to help local seniors and raise awareness for this growing epidemic that impacts millions of older Americans trying to remain healthy and independent.
Explore California Newswire®
- Get WinX DVD Ripper Platinum License Code for Best Price Ever – Free Lifetime Upgrade Guaranteed Fri, 17 May 2013
- California slated to be first state in the nation to provide voter registration through Health Benefit Exchange similar to ‘Motor Voter’ Fri, 17 May 2013
- FirstClose Hires Industry Veteran Chip Caldwell as VP, Southeast Region Manager Fri, 17 May 2013
- Los Angeles Leaders and Calif. Gov. Brown Call for Action on Plan to Improve School Funding System and Restore Local Control Fri, 17 May 2013
- San Francisco Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.4 Percent in April 2013 Fri, 17 May 2013
- San Francisco Mayor Lee Announces Plans for New Apple Retail Store in Union Square Thu, 16 May 2013
- Bill to Allow Out-of-State Voting for California’s Emergency Workers approved by Calif. Senate Thu, 16 May 2013
- Parking Meter Justice Bill Passes California State Assembly – legislation prohibiting local governments from fleecing motorists who park at broken meters Thu, 16 May 2013
- LendingQB adds new functionality centralizing decisioning for mortgage insurance products and ensures accurate results Thu, 16 May 2013
- Roemtech, LLC Announces its Newly Developed PMA-350H Mixer/Amplifier with Auto-HummBuster Technology Thu, 16 May 2013
- Seabee Veterans and Calif. Assemblyman Jeff Gorell Propose Renaming Segment of Pacific Coast Highway as ‘Seabee Memorial Highway’ Wed, 13 Feb 2013
- Calif. Senator Padilla Introduces Bill to Help Prepare Tomorrow’s California Teachers Fri, 15 Feb 2013
- Calif. Assemblymember Al Muratsuchi Backs Law Enforcement, Introduces New Bill on Realignment Wed, 27 Mar 2013
- Calif. Congressman: Ryan budget makes ‘the death of the American Dream … the law of the land’ Tue, 12 Mar 2013
- Calif. Assemblymember Hall to Introduce Legislation Requiring Condoms in All Adult Films Made in California Wed, 13 Feb 2013
- S.F. Mayor Lee, President Chiu & Supervisor Wiener Introduce Legislation Mandating Seismic Safety Retrofits Thu, 07 Feb 2013
- DealsPricer: A New, Smart Price Comparison Website for Deal Hunters Wed, 15 May 2013
- Calif. Assembly Bill to Help Open More California Dog Parks Passes Assembly Local Government Committee (AB 265) Fri, 10 May 2013
- Museum of History in Granite having press preview of 100-foot granite ‘History of the United States of America’ monument Thu, 21 Feb 2013
- TV star and dancer Sophia Lucia from ‘Dance Moms’ to attempt to Break the Guinness World Record of 36 Consecutive Pirouettes Fri, 22 Mar 2013
- Gabriel: Hi, I have read this article but I still don't...
- Jim Moreland: Finally!! Somebody with a brain!! Dog parks make ...
- Christopher Simmons: SOPHIA MADE THE RECORD BOOKS! CONGRATULATIONS TO S...
- Tim: what about Parole L.E.A.D.S. ?...
- John Scott G: Kudos to U.S. Rep. Tony Cardenas for "speaking tr...
- neotrope: Really cool museum....
- Larry Guillot: I'm sure this ordinance is going to generate a lo...
- Glen: Just a follow-up. Little evidence suggests a bett...
- Glen: Right now there is no shortage currently. There i...
- Tim Tobin: I am a suporter of the 3VC. I recall when Tony Str...