SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — At the April 27 Y4 Youth Resource Event hosted by the County of San Bernardino Workforce Investment Board, Candice Fedrick took the stage to tell her story. Y4 stands for ‘Why Youth? Why wait? Why now? Why not? Because the next generation is already here!’ It is an event for at-risk youth to celebrate launching careers and advancing their education.
Tag Archives | Government
Students learn about career opportunities at Y4 Youth Resource Event hosted by San Bernardino Workforce Investment Board
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Patton Sales Corporation, a steel service center and manufacturer based in Ontario, has expanded its business, the San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board announced today. Two years ago, Patton Sales Corp. was in danger of laying off employees.
Study to Identify County’s Demand Employment Sectors launched by San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board conducted a study to identify the top demand sectors for employment in San Bernardino County. The results showed that manufacturing, health care, transportation and logistics, energy and utilities, and construction are the top five industries that will be seeking a skilled workforce in San Bernardino County to fill available jobs.
East End Job Fair Offers Hundreds of Jobs for San Bernardino Area – Workforce Investment Board Connects Businesses with Job Seekers
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — At a time when good local jobs are in high demand, the Inland Empire East End Job Fair hosted by the San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board will offer local job seekers the chance to meet with dozens of employers and access hundreds of job opportunities.
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board announced that Executive Director Sandy Harmsen was appointed to Chair of the California Workforce Association’s Executive Committee. The committee facilitates the direction and management of the Association.
San Bernardino Workforce Investment Board Offers Employer and Job-Seeker Services to Victorville and Surrounding Community
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board announced it opened a new Employment Resource Center in Victorville. The Employment Resource Centers help county residents re-enter the workforce or transfer their skills from shrinking industries to expanding industries.
San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board Partnership with Kaiser Permanente Helps LVNs Graduate
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board (WIB) has stepped in to fill the need for Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) by partnering with Kaiser Permanente Fontana and Ontario Medical Centers. Ten employees comprised the third class of graduates from the Pathways to LVN Program in May 2012. The training was provided by Chaffey College.
ONTARIO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — According to Mag Instrument Inc., the Calif. State Senate Judiciary Committee last week voted against a bill that would have made it easier for American manufacturers – and California manufacturers in particular – to claim their products are made in the United States, dealing a major blow to the state’s already weak business climate.
San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board partners with Dept. of Behavioral Health to Place 279 Youth in Summer Jobs
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — California’s San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board partnered with the Department of Behavioral Health to place 279 youth in summer jobs with local employers. The grant paid the wages to County youth ages 18-25 years old and provided transportation assistance as well as work readiness training prior to starting their jobs.
Workforce Investment Board of San Bernardino County announces Four At-Large members Appointed by Chair Josie Gonzales
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The Workforce Investment Board of San Bernardino County, a public-private volunteer board that oversees the use of federal dollars to train the local workforce to support local employers, announced five At-Large members appointed by Chair Josie Gonzales, County of San Bernardino Fifth District Supervisor.
Workforce Investment Act Funding Provides California Teens and Young Adults with Career and Educational Opportunities
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board announced on the heels of the Y4 event on Friday, April 27 that unemployed youth may apply for the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) youth program. The program gives eligible youth access to educational and career opportunities and job skills programs through adult and peer mentoring and counseling.
FRESNO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The Central Valley Tea Party has been commissioned to hold a press conference with one hundred Fresno business leaders and owners who will be affected by the imposition of the High-Speed Rail project on ‘Mayday,’ Tuesday, May 1, 2012. The one hundred business owners who are on the current High-Speed Rail track line will be present in solidarity to ‘oppose the High-Speed Rail through Fresno.
San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board Grant Expanded to Fund Job Training for Laid-Off Census Workers
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board announced that a $1.5 million Workforce Investment Act, Multi-Sector Partnership National Emergency Grant has been expanded to include laid-off census workers. This grant has nearly 200 spaces available to fill by the close of June 30, 2012. Census workers who were laid off between September 21, 2010, and September 27, 2011 are eligible to apply at one of San Bernardino County’s Employment Resource Centers.
US Dept. of Labor selects San Bernardino Workforce Investment Board Summer Youth Employment Program for Independent Study
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The U.S. Department of Labor Employment Training Administration selected the San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board Summer Youth Employment Program to participate in a study of youth training innovators. Findings of this study will be used to inform workforce investment boards nationwide of best practices.
MONTEBELLO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Montebello’s $2.5 million Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes (TRANs) closed today – marking a milestone towards the City’s ability to continue improving its operations.
California Steel’s Craft Development Program gets boost from San Bernardino Workforce Investment Board
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The County of San Bernardino Workforce Investment Board (WIB) has been an instrumental partner in helping local manufacturers such as California Steel Industries, Inc. (CSI) successfully graduate 34 electricians and 17 mechanics from its craft development program.
MONTEBELLO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The City of Montebello announces an improved path. As Americans, we are all in this together. Our country has gone through the worst recession since the tumultuous years of the Great Depression. Thousands of cities across the nation are in financial turmoil. Economic analysis shows continued stagnation over these next few years, making it more difficult for communities to propel themselves forward. We ask ourselves, ‘How do we put the past behind us and build for our future?’
Explore California Newswire®
- Calif. Gov. Brown announces appointments to California Superior Courts for May 21, 2013 Tue, 21 May 2013
- Calif. Gov. Brown Deploys 6 California Urban Search and Rescue Specialists to Oklahoma Tue, 21 May 2013
- Calif. Gov. Brown Announces Appointments for May 21, 2013 to 30th District Agricultural Association Tue, 21 May 2013
- Husky Haven of LA announces Huskies for Adoption Event in Hermosa Beach Tue, 21 May 2013
- You want a Voice? You have a Choice! Tue, 21 May 2013
- Edgewood Partners Insurance Center launches Healthcare Engagement Video Series and covers the Topic of Benefits Consumerism Tue, 21 May 2013
- Bill to Protect Local Calif. Governments from Dog Park Liability Passes Assembly Mon, 20 May 2013
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Ten-Year Capital Improvement Plan announced by SF Mayor Lee Mon, 20 May 2013
- Banks Will Become Prime Places to Learn About Long-Term Care Insurance, Predicts LTC Partners and Insurance Services Mon, 20 May 2013
- Edgewood Partners Insurance Center welcomes ‘Power Broker’ Kathleen Felderman and expands with new Denver Office Mon, 20 May 2013
- Seabee Veterans and Calif. Assemblyman Jeff Gorell Propose Renaming Segment of Pacific Coast Highway as ‘Seabee Memorial Highway’ Wed, 13 Feb 2013
- Calif. Senator Padilla Introduces Bill to Help Prepare Tomorrow’s California Teachers Fri, 15 Feb 2013
- DealsPricer: A New, Smart Price Comparison Website for Deal Hunters Wed, 15 May 2013
- S.F. Mayor Lee, President Chiu & Supervisor Wiener Introduce Legislation Mandating Seismic Safety Retrofits Thu, 07 Feb 2013
- Calif. Assemblymember Al Muratsuchi Backs Law Enforcement, Introduces New Bill on Realignment Wed, 27 Mar 2013
- Calif. Assemblymember Hall to Introduce Legislation Requiring Condoms in All Adult Films Made in California Wed, 13 Feb 2013
- TV star and dancer Sophia Lucia from ‘Dance Moms’ to attempt to Break the Guinness World Record of 36 Consecutive Pirouettes Fri, 22 Mar 2013
- Calif. Assembly Bill to Help Open More California Dog Parks Passes Assembly Local Government Committee (AB 265) Fri, 10 May 2013
- Calif. Congressman: Ryan budget makes ‘the death of the American Dream … the law of the land’ Tue, 12 Mar 2013
- Museum of History in Granite having press preview of 100-foot granite ‘History of the United States of America’ monument Thu, 21 Feb 2013
- Gabriel: Hi, I have read this article but I still don't...
- Jim Moreland: Finally!! Somebody with a brain!! Dog parks make ...
- Christopher Simmons: SOPHIA MADE THE RECORD BOOKS! CONGRATULATIONS TO S...
- Tim: what about Parole L.E.A.D.S. ?...
- John Scott G: Kudos to U.S. Rep. Tony Cardenas for "speaking tr...
- neotrope: Really cool museum....
- Larry Guillot: I'm sure this ordinance is going to generate a lo...
- Glen: Just a follow-up. Little evidence suggests a bett...
- Glen: Right now there is no shortage currently. There i...
- Tim Tobin: I am a suporter of the 3VC. I recall when Tony Str...