SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Tickets are now available for the World Savvy 10-Year Anniversary Celebration on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at the Terra Gallery in San Francisco. With the mission to educate and engage youth in community and world affairs, World Savvy is a nonprofit organization serving youth and educators nationally from offices in San Francisco, New York, and Minneapolis-St. Paul.
Tag Archives | education
Tickets now available for World Savvy 10-Year Anniversary Celebration April 26, 2012 at the Terra Gallery, San Francisco
Treadstone 71 LLC announced at the RSA Conference two new certification tracks in Cyber Intelligence and Counterintelligence
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., /California Newswire/ — Treadstone 71 announced at the RSA Conference two new certification tracks. The Cyber Intelligence Analyst and the Cyber Counterintelligence (CI) Analyst Certifications focus upon real world, practical activities coupled with theory. The certifications enhance the overall cybersecurity posture of the United States by accelerating the availability of educational and training resources.
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. /California Newswire/ — A total of 76 film and TV production personnel from key Hollywood unions and guilds received official certification as qualified users of Sample Digital’s dax platform, the industry’s leading digital production workflow and media management application, during a course conducted January 28 at Pickwick Gardens in Burbank.
Social network Mightybell and World Mind Network encourage Stanford, Berkeley Students to Compete for Web 2.0 Prize
PALO ALTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The World Mind Network, in conjunction with social network Mightybell (www.mightybell.com), is holding a contest between Stanford and UC Berkeley students to find the best example of the use of Mightybell software to create an experience around a fresh approach to planetary problems like climate change, poverty, disease, sustainability, and illiteracy.
‘A Workbook For Young Inventors’ features Dreamalings that are used to educate and motivate children
LOS ANGELES, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Inventive Minds continues to add useful and inspirational media products to its line of tools for inventions. Most recently, it has created and released ‘A Workbook For Young Inventors’ (ISBN: 978-0983344803). This workbook for kids incorporates colorful characters known as the ‘Dreamalings(R)’ that are used to educate and motivate children to imagine and create, and ultimately – invent.
Senate Select Committee Hearing to Explore Barriers to Success for California’s 1.45 Million English Learner Students
SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — The Senate Select Committee on College and University Admissions and Outreach, Chaired by Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima) will hold a hearing on Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 10:00 at the Fresno Board of Education, 2309 Tulare Street in Fresno. The hearing, titled “English Proficiency as a Barrier to College Admission: [...]
Explore California Newswire®
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Ten-Year Capital Improvement Plan announced by SF Mayor Lee Mon, 20 May 2013
- Banks Will Become Prime Places to Learn About Long-Term Care Insurance, Predicts LTC Partners and Insurance Services Mon, 20 May 2013
- Edgewood Partners Insurance Center welcomes ‘Power Broker’ Kathleen Felderman and expands with new Denver Office Mon, 20 May 2013
- Get WinX DVD Ripper Platinum License Code for Best Price Ever – Free Lifetime Upgrade Guaranteed Fri, 17 May 2013
- California slated to be first state in the nation to provide voter registration through Health Benefit Exchange similar to ‘Motor Voter’ Fri, 17 May 2013
- FirstClose Hires Industry Veteran Chip Caldwell as VP, Southeast Region Manager Fri, 17 May 2013
- Los Angeles Leaders and Calif. Gov. Brown Call for Action on Plan to Improve School Funding System and Restore Local Control Fri, 17 May 2013
- San Francisco Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.4 Percent in April 2013 Fri, 17 May 2013
- San Francisco Mayor Lee Announces Plans for New Apple Retail Store in Union Square Thu, 16 May 2013
- Bill to Allow Out-of-State Voting for California’s Emergency Workers approved by Calif. Senate Thu, 16 May 2013
- Seabee Veterans and Calif. Assemblyman Jeff Gorell Propose Renaming Segment of Pacific Coast Highway as ‘Seabee Memorial Highway’ Wed, 13 Feb 2013
- Calif. Senator Padilla Introduces Bill to Help Prepare Tomorrow’s California Teachers Fri, 15 Feb 2013
- DealsPricer: A New, Smart Price Comparison Website for Deal Hunters Wed, 15 May 2013
- Calif. Congressman: Ryan budget makes ‘the death of the American Dream … the law of the land’ Tue, 12 Mar 2013
- S.F. Mayor Lee, President Chiu & Supervisor Wiener Introduce Legislation Mandating Seismic Safety Retrofits Thu, 07 Feb 2013
- Calif. Assemblymember Al Muratsuchi Backs Law Enforcement, Introduces New Bill on Realignment Wed, 27 Mar 2013
- Calif. Assemblymember Hall to Introduce Legislation Requiring Condoms in All Adult Films Made in California Wed, 13 Feb 2013
- Museum of History in Granite having press preview of 100-foot granite ‘History of the United States of America’ monument Thu, 21 Feb 2013
- Calif. Assembly Bill to Help Open More California Dog Parks Passes Assembly Local Government Committee (AB 265) Fri, 10 May 2013
- TV star and dancer Sophia Lucia from ‘Dance Moms’ to attempt to Break the Guinness World Record of 36 Consecutive Pirouettes Fri, 22 Mar 2013
- Gabriel: Hi, I have read this article but I still don't...
- Jim Moreland: Finally!! Somebody with a brain!! Dog parks make ...
- Christopher Simmons: SOPHIA MADE THE RECORD BOOKS! CONGRATULATIONS TO S...
- Tim: what about Parole L.E.A.D.S. ?...
- John Scott G: Kudos to U.S. Rep. Tony Cardenas for "speaking tr...
- neotrope: Really cool museum....
- Larry Guillot: I'm sure this ordinance is going to generate a lo...
- Glen: Just a follow-up. Little evidence suggests a bett...
- Glen: Right now there is no shortage currently. There i...
- Tim Tobin: I am a suporter of the 3VC. I recall when Tony Str...