SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Calif. Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that Dr. Jeffrey Beard has been appointed Secretary of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR). Beard, 65, of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, served as Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections from 2001 until his retirement in 2010, overseeing more than 51,000 inmates and 16,000 employees.
Tag Archives | California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Calif. Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the following appointments: First, Elaine Howle, 54, of El Dorado Hills, has been appointed state auditor for the California State Auditor’s Office. Howle has served in multiple positions at the California State Auditor’s Office since 1993, including state auditor, deputy state auditor and principal auditor.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the following appointments: First, Tara Murphy, 55, of Alameda, has been appointed assistant general counsel at the Department of Financial Institutions. Murphy was vice president and counsel at Fireside Bank from 1995 to 2012.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the following appointments: First, Tina Andolina, 36, of Davis, has been appointed director of legislation and regulation at the California Department of Pesticide Regulation.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — On Friday, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced the following appointments: First, Thomas Cullen, 50, of Novato, has been appointed chief deputy director for the Office of Oil Spill Prevention and Response, also known as the Oil Spill Response Administrator, at the California Department of Fish and Game.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. on Monday issued this statement following the release by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) of ‘The Future of California Corrections: A Blueprint to Save Billions of Dollars, End Federal Court Oversight, and Improve the Prison System’:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Senate Bill 26, authored by Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima), was approved by the Assembly Appropriations Committee Thursday with unanimous bipartisan support. SB 26 would crack down on the smuggling and possession of cell phones and other wireless communication devices in California prisons. The bill now goes to the full Assembly for consideration.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger yesterday (Sept. 28) issued the following statement announcing he signed SB 1399 by Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) to allow the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to medically parole certain state prison inmates with physical incapacitating conditions if the Board of Parole Hearings determines that the [...]
Explore California Newswire®
- Get WinX DVD Ripper Platinum License Code for Best Price Ever – Free Lifetime Upgrade Guaranteed Fri, 17 May 2013
- California slated to be first state in the nation to provide voter registration through Health Benefit Exchange similar to ‘Motor Voter’ Fri, 17 May 2013
- FirstClose Hires Industry Veteran Chip Caldwell as VP, Southeast Region Manager Fri, 17 May 2013
- Los Angeles Leaders and Calif. Gov. Brown Call for Action on Plan to Improve School Funding System and Restore Local Control Fri, 17 May 2013
- San Francisco Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.4 Percent in April 2013 Fri, 17 May 2013
- San Francisco Mayor Lee Announces Plans for New Apple Retail Store in Union Square Thu, 16 May 2013
- Bill to Allow Out-of-State Voting for California’s Emergency Workers approved by Calif. Senate Thu, 16 May 2013
- Parking Meter Justice Bill Passes California State Assembly – legislation prohibiting local governments from fleecing motorists who park at broken meters Thu, 16 May 2013
- LendingQB adds new functionality centralizing decisioning for mortgage insurance products and ensures accurate results Thu, 16 May 2013
- Roemtech, LLC Announces its Newly Developed PMA-350H Mixer/Amplifier with Auto-HummBuster Technology Thu, 16 May 2013
- Seabee Veterans and Calif. Assemblyman Jeff Gorell Propose Renaming Segment of Pacific Coast Highway as ‘Seabee Memorial Highway’ Wed, 13 Feb 2013
- Calif. Senator Padilla Introduces Bill to Help Prepare Tomorrow’s California Teachers Fri, 15 Feb 2013
- Calif. Congressman: Ryan budget makes ‘the death of the American Dream … the law of the land’ Tue, 12 Mar 2013
- Calif. Assemblymember Hall to Introduce Legislation Requiring Condoms in All Adult Films Made in California Wed, 13 Feb 2013
- S.F. Mayor Lee, President Chiu & Supervisor Wiener Introduce Legislation Mandating Seismic Safety Retrofits Thu, 07 Feb 2013
- Calif. Assemblymember Al Muratsuchi Backs Law Enforcement, Introduces New Bill on Realignment Wed, 27 Mar 2013
- DealsPricer: A New, Smart Price Comparison Website for Deal Hunters Wed, 15 May 2013
- Calif. Assembly Bill to Help Open More California Dog Parks Passes Assembly Local Government Committee (AB 265) Fri, 10 May 2013
- Museum of History in Granite having press preview of 100-foot granite ‘History of the United States of America’ monument Thu, 21 Feb 2013
- TV star and dancer Sophia Lucia from ‘Dance Moms’ to attempt to Break the Guinness World Record of 36 Consecutive Pirouettes Fri, 22 Mar 2013
- Gabriel: Hi, I have read this article but I still don't...
- Jim Moreland: Finally!! Somebody with a brain!! Dog parks make ...
- Christopher Simmons: SOPHIA MADE THE RECORD BOOKS! CONGRATULATIONS TO S...
- Tim: what about Parole L.E.A.D.S. ?...
- John Scott G: Kudos to U.S. Rep. Tony Cardenas for "speaking tr...
- neotrope: Really cool museum....
- Larry Guillot: I'm sure this ordinance is going to generate a lo...
- Glen: Just a follow-up. Little evidence suggests a bett...
- Glen: Right now there is no shortage currently. There i...
- Tim Tobin: I am a suporter of the 3VC. I recall when Tony Str...